10 Benefits of Custom Mobile Application Development for Your Business
Custom mobile apps are gaining momentum – as per the reports, on an average, about 7.5 hours per employee per week are saved by using customized mobile apps, and 82% of the business owners believe that it helped them earn additional business revenues!
Custom mobile apps can be partially or fully personalized to suit your business needs. These apps are altered to address a particular audience rather than providing a solution which caters to a large group with varying requirements. This is the major reason why custom mobile app development is gaining traction and proving to be an attractive option for businesses.
10 Business Advantages of Custom Mobile App Development
These days, businesses of all kinds, whether small, medium or large are taking advantage of the customized business apps as it helps them stay competitive and increase productivity. Here are some of the most popular advantages of custom mobile app development for businesses –
Since the business apps are custom-built keeping your business requirements in mind, it acts like a comprehensive app performing diverse functions and negates the requirement for multiple apps. Also, as these apps are tailored to suit your working style, it enhances the employee productivity and in turn business ROI
Offers High Scalability
Regular apps are built to handle a limited number of resources and processes. In the event of your business growing, these apps may not be able to handle the load. Custom made apps, on the other hand, are built keeping in mind all these parameters and can be scaled up easily when the need arises
Secures Your App Data
General business apps may or may not have the specialized security features, which may put your business data to risk. Having a custom app made solely for your business can reinforce your data security system, as relevant security measures will be taken care of according to your business needs while app development
Integrates With Existing Software
General business apps may be able to function smoothly with your existing software. Custom made apps are built taking into consideration your current business software and hence are guaranteed to integrate well and function without any errors
Easy to Maintain
By using regular apps for your daily business operations, you are risking yourself at the helm of an unknown mobile app developer. If the developer decides to discontinue the app for some reason, then you are left to find a new app and discontinue your current operations. By building your own custom business app, you get its complete control and don’t have to depend on others for anything
Improves Customer Relationship
Customized business apps allow you to send personalized updates related to your products and services to your existing customers in real-time. Additionally, it allows you to access client details and receive feedback, which can be leveraged to improve long-term customer relationships
Facilitates New Client Data Retrieval
Adding simple forms and surveys in the custom mobile application can help you get the required client information. Apart from being a discreet way of collecting information, it also saves time of clients and employees, as they don’t have to physically submit the documents
Provides Real-time Project Access
While traveling, having easy access to all your work documents proves to be very useful. Having a customized app for your business, you can easily synchronize your phone with your desktop and have access to all your work documents, tasks, calendars, etc. Also, retrieving brochures and contracts which can be shared with your clients becomes easy with custom business apps
Ease in Project Management
Custom apps can be installed to keep a real-time check on your project progress and deadlines. Updates can be sent after completion of each phase of the project and maintain the billing cycle for each stage of the project
Record Digital Files for Accountability
For ideas and thoughts related to your customer, one can easily capture them on the phone for dictation. These recordings can then be directly stored in secure locations and can be accessed by only authorized staff. This can help in improving accountability and also serve your customers better
Popular Tools & Technologies to Facilitate Custom App Development
Developing mobile apps is not an easy task, and it becomes even more challenging if you want to incorporate some special features in the app. Building layouts, ensuring the code works for the required framework, and maintaining control flow are some of the few things to keep in mind to ensure high-quality user experience.
Things to Consider While Developing a Custom Mobile App
Dynamically changing mobile platforms, market scenario and the demand for quick turnaround necessitates that the customized app solutions are well-thought before being implemented. Some of the points to consider before developing a custom mobile app for your business are –
- Faster Time to Market – Custom business apps should be cost-effective and should be created within a quick turnaround time so that it can go to market quickly
- Improved Efficiency – The custom apps need to be tweaked and corrected for better efficiency to ensure that the final solution is effective and results in distinct improvement
- Multiple Network Compatibility – The app developed need to be tested for multiple operators and ensure that the app works across different networks in various countries
- Data Security – Most of the apps are developed for more than a single user use hence it must offer strong authentication and secure access to data
- Battery Life – The app must be tested for the effect it has on battery life, as apps which drain out the battery quickly are not preferred by the users
- Impressive UI/UX – The custom app should have an attractive user interface and provide a great user experience to the customers
- Efficient Data Synchronization – The app must be able to synchronize data with the server on a regular basis at a suitable frequency
- Streamlined Communication Channel – An appropriate channel of communication must be defined for the app such as messaging, WAP, etc.
Custom Mobile Application Development Trends
Build your Own App (BYOA) is an extension of bringing your own device (BYOD) concept due to the increasing consumerization of information technology. While BYOA gives employees the freedom to use better apps for the job, it can be perceived as a major security threat. Employees will use mobile or cloud apps without any kind of control over how their data is stored, accessed and used.
BYOA provides significant advantages to the businesses like lowering expenditures for buying licensed tools and training users. The top challenges that custom mobile apps have to overcome are technical support, integration with current network services, supporting a wide variety of mobile platforms, designing the user interface, and estimating project costs.
The custom mobile app development field has seen tremendous growth with increasing number of people moving towards using smartphones. Some of the latest trends in customized mobile app development include –
- Responsive designs for your mobile apps are the latest trend and highly appreciated by the app users
- Cloud-based apps are more preferred as less amount of data need to be stored locally on the phone
- Social media integration is a must for most of the apps these days
- Internet of things (IoT) is the latest trend which comes with the ability to control different devices and home appliances using a mobile app
- Wearable technology is fast catching up with the increased awareness of health and fitness issues nowadays
- Beacon technology, one of the fastest growing technologies is getting increasingly implemented in the custom apps
- Near field communication (NFC) is increasingly being used nowadays especially for making mobile app payments
- Payment gateways have enabled people to have cashless purchases at stores and make online payments on e-commerce websites
- App analytics and big data is fast growing field in the data analytics sector as it helps in improving user experience